It's done! I'm here! I thought this day would never come...After a good 20 h of traveling, feeling sick and horrible pain in my ears I landed in Nashville, TN!!
But let me begin at the beginning...
I left Enschede on Sunday morning together with MJ to go to J.'s appartment in A'dam. We had a great day walking around the city and MJ actually showed me some touristy things I had never visited before...
Unfortunately I had left J.'s instructions on how to get from the city to her place at the appartment, so we ended up guessing where to go. After traveling by tram into the general direction of the flat we took out the map and discovered the street just by name recognition. To get me into the American spirit we had dinner at the Mac...
Early the next morning we traveled with the tram and train to the airport. When I was checking in they scared me for a moment telling me that they thought I could only stay in the US for 60 days without a visa. Well, they soon found out that this was wrong and that it's OK for me to stay up to 90 days.
I found out that security has increased a lot! The questions they asked you would not believe !
" Who booked this flight? How long do you know this person? What does she do for a living? How old are her children? Where is your boyfriend? What does he do? How long have you known each other...." and all the time this woman gave me a strange look, as if she didn't believe a word I said.
My flight was OK and since we landed early in Nashville I saw the boys before they saw me. They really have grown up, well it's been 5 years...
After doing some shopping we went home to L. and the baby - the cutes thing ever, I want one ;-) no worries Tom, just teasing- had a nice dinner and talked for some time before I went to bed.
The last couple of days I've gotten to know the family routine, cooked delicious meals for all of us with the help of the boys, read a lot with them and helped with their piano and swimming lessons. It's a bussy, sometimes crazy house, but nice to be a part of it.
More about the family and all the happenings next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hello love!
Nice to read a message on your blog, but even better that I heard your voice already over the phone. I have explored Ottawa more then most tourists would, so today a day of rest and just reading a book in the sun or something. But first surfing the internet to read your blog of course! Tomorrow I will be heading towards Montreal, which should be nicer than Ottawa according to people I met here. Hope to speak to you on the phone soon again and give many greetings to the family and the o so adorable baby :-) Love you!
Hey Sabrina!
Good to here that your doing fine!
I can't believe all the questions they've asked you? Was that at Schiphol airport.. meaning: the blue paper that you've got from that USairlines lady?
Greetings from Konijnenmeisje and me!
Hi Sabrina,
Tom just e-mailed me your blog-site. So I guess we're kinda close now since we're in the same cuontry. It sounds like you'll have lots of fun there. And I am looking forward to reading about it on your blog!
Chris
ps. I used to have the horrible pain in my ears and got myself a set of ear-plugs that are intended for flying (at Kruidvat). Since then I've only had the pain once in 6 times.
Hi 'Brina'
Glad you're writing on the blog and sounds like you're settling in to the routine. Hope you're enjoying being back in the US of A. I just read your entry to K on the phone. She's having a super difficult time so drop her a line if you get a chance. Hugs, J
Hallo Sabrina,
Hoe is het in Amerika? Beter weer als in Frankrijk denk ik, daar was het erg bewolkt en weinig zon gezien. De plaatsen aan de kust waren echter prachtig en we hebben dus genoten. Ook Parijs 's avonds nog even bezocht met de bus.
Maandag weer aan het werk nadat Tom dit weekend ons bezocht heeft :)!!!
Heb je al een bruin tintje en heb je de jongens en de baby al lekker verwend???
We hopen snel weer iets van je te horen.
Vele groetjes uit Venray
Post a Comment