First of all, thanks to all of you who have remembered my birthday (20st July) and sent me cards, flowers, emails and left me messages on the am !!!!
Don't worry if you have forgotten about it...just make it up to me with an extra special birthday present once I celebrate properly ;-)
The day was busy, busy, busy!!
In the morning all three boys came running down the stairs shouting and singing a happy birthday my way. L. and I picked them up around 11 am from climbing camp and after visiting the hospital for a check up (for Ni.) we went to the the movies and saw "Ratatoui". We had a nice dinner out at the "cheescake factory" which is a great place to eat out with kids since it's so busy and noisy there - nobody cares if kids get a bit louder or a baby cries. Taking home some delicious cheese cake was a must, even if 4 pieces came up to 27$...
The boys were great but also a bit sad, because they knew that I would go to the bookstore at night to pick up the new Harry Potter book. Of course they had seen the adds from the bookstore and read all about the party that would go on there that night. But L. and I kept telling them that they were way to young to be staying up that late...Once everybody was asleep however, we moved around the house searching for the boys old HP outfitts and wands.
At 9.45 L. went to wake them up saying " You're a wizard....". Ni. and H. looked at us and when I told them that they would get to go to the party and dress up, they flew down the stairs and excitement was in the air!
As for No...he was sooo sleepy! When we finally got him downstairs he wanted to go to the party in his PJ! All dressed up and driving to the store he kept asking if we could not just leave him in the car to sleep some more. Once he got out of the car and saw all the things going on in and around the book store he was wide awake!!
There were animals to look at and touch. you could get sorted into houses (Slytherin for me...oh, oh...), practice your beater abilities, tattoo the dark mark on your arm or have your furtune told...It was great!
We got my book at midnight and I read the first 3 pages to them. Of course at home I read on and finished the book on Saturday evening around 8pm...It was a great read and fortunately L. and Tom have also finished already so we can talk about it!
All in all it was a nice birthday, even though I missed celebrating at home with all my friends but I hope to be able to do that some weekend in September!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great to read another story here! Such a big difference between your book pickup and mine... I biked to Hengelo at 00:15 to arrive at the bookstore at 0:45. There were about 30 people waiting there, the only decoration were two tables with lights on them. The bookstore opened at 1:00 and groups were let in of 5 people at a time. Standing at the front, the guy told me the first people had arrived at 17:30! How crazy are these people! If you have the whole party like in the US, ok, but just standing in front of a closes store...
When biking back with 3 books, I considered going to Enschede to see if any nutters were already there (the store would open at 8:00 there) and make them jealous and go and sit reading my book in front of them :-) Evil thought, but apparently I am not that evil, so I didn't. At home I read for a while, but after chapter three my eyes were already falling shut. So my finishing time eventually was on Sunday at a time I should have been asleep already...
Well, I will organize a party for when you are back, trying to reach as many friends as I can and hopefully they can make it! Then you will experience that nice birthday with you friends as well, still having had this busy but also nice birthday!
Can't wait to hear from you again!
Hi Sabrina,
On my birthday calendar next to my desk it says "Tom's Sabrina" with the 20th and every day I've been telling myself not to forget. I remembered not to forget all the way until the 19th and then, somehow, I forgot... Oops. Well, happy birthday! (Also from Esther). It sounds like you had a great time at the bookstore. I was worried to read the rest of your post - afraid to read something about the HP books. Esther and I will listen to the book on cd but it'll be a while before we get them... I cannot wait!
Hmm, as far as the extra special birthday present, I'll have to give that some thought... :)
I'm looking forward to read the rest of your super-nanny-adventures!
Chris
Post a Comment