Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hot, hotter, the hottest!!!

Today was officially the hottest day in Nashville since 35 years : 107F !!!

Remember my nagging about the AC?? Forget all about that!! I looooove the AC! Wouldn't know how to survive without it at this point... Just driving to the pool, these 7 minutes in the car, are already too much - even with the ac on IN the car!

I got a good bit of tanning done today, more then I wanted, and am now the proud owner of bikini marks on my neck and shoulders and a really red nose! If it weren't summer time you could mistake me...aaaah, I know, you saw that one coming the moment you read "red nose"... oh, well, it's nice to slip Rudolph in during this heat and drought, makes me think of days to come...

Cold, cold, wet rainy days in the Netherlands...aaahhh! No, I'm not really looking forward to THAT but it will be nice to be able to walk to the mailbox without having to change your shirt!

How is the weather over there anyway? J., I read that you have booked a vacation in Egypt? You know it's HOT there?! Well, if the weather in NL is a typical Dutch summer then I guess you might want just that ;-)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Asking about the Dutch weather is the same as asking for the colour of Rudolph's nose. On the other hand, you never really know over here what you might get, but if you guess it will rain, most of the day you will be right. The brilliant thing the last couple of weeks was that during the week it often rained, whereas the weekends were nice and sunny. Couldn't be better.
I must say I am getting very worried about you being away so long. Sweetheart... We do not have a mailbox, just the simple opening in the door. Hope you will remember where we live when you get back. Good thing I'll be picking you up. In case you don't remember, I'll be the guy with the tulips in his hands looking overly excited to see you. Can't wait for that moment to come. Love you!

Frans & Elly said...

Het is ook niet eerlijk verdeeld, maar we hebben een voorstel: Als jij 9 september wat zonneschijn en warmte meebrengt, dan sturen wij wat regen en koelte die kant op.
Gelukkig zijn de vooruitzichten voor onze laatste vakantieweek gunstig. Zo toch ook een keer over het weer kunnen praten!!??
Frans is die grote, forse man met dikke buik en Elly is dat kleine vrouwtje met dat vriendelijke gezicht, mocht je herinnering je in de steek laten. See you!!??

Jenna said...

What! Uh, Tom, the flowers are supposed to be a surprise...d'oh.

You know what I remember about Texas? I would get out of the shower (note, still in a freezing air conditioned house) but still be sweating before I could get my makeup on. Horrid. On the other hand, rainy gray days in the middle of summer - I just don't know which is worse.

Are Frans & Elly Tom's parents? That's a cute note.

YES! We're going to Egypt next Tuesday! I can't wait. Beach, sun, book, here I come. :-)