Just some days ago the mailman actually made the trip up to the front porch and didn't run away, even when the two dogs, Mona and Rosie, were barking their heads off...
AND he was holding a package for ME!!! Packages are nothing unusual at this house but none have arrived for me so far...
T. and his parents had decided that I should get a birthday present after all, even though I told them that it wouldn't be necessary... well, quite modest of me, really, but I was exceptionally happy to receive my present!
I got a lovely shell ring, purchased, no doubt, at my new-favourite jewelry store in Enschede (thanks to MJ for dragging me in there!!) and cream-coloured, naturally grown pearl earings - both things really, really great!! I wear it whenever I get the chance and when I'm NOT holding the baby, since she would pull the pearls right out of my ear... yes, learning life-lessons over here...
Well, I guess all I want to say is thanks to E., F. and T. for not listening to me... just that one time ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so happy you are happy! It's always tricky to get a gift for your girlfriend, even if you know her favourite jewelry store. It's always a bit of a guess, hoping after all these years you know her taste a bit... So I am glad and also relieved you like the presents.
Very wise to keep them away from the baby, she may be cute, but can still hurt you or herself. Enjoy wearing your new posessions at all other times!
Good job Tom!
Fijn dat het een leuke verrassing voor je was. Wij zijn zelf ook wel benieuwd hoe het er uit ziet.
We hebben al vaker gezegd, bij een verjaardag hoort nu eenmaal een kado !!!
Post a Comment