YAYA!!
As you all know I applied at the University of Münster for the study of Psychology....aaahhh, you guessed right!
I got in! I got in! I got in!
It turns out that the uni had more applications this year then ever before (about 2000, but they can only accomodate a total of 6000 students) and therefore the grade average was pushed higher and higher!
Good thing I didn't know about it, otherwise I would have worried non stop...
Just some days ago the letter arrived in Enschede and T. set out to Münster to sign me in, since it had to be done in person and at the end of that very week! We were both a bit worried that he might not be able to sign me in after all or that some of my paperwork wouldn't be approved (especially the health insurance). T. even asked a German friend if she would be able to come to the rescue if need be, but he managed just fine by himself!
Thanks to TK anyway! You're such a good friend and that brunch in Münster is a must ;-)
Thanks sweet boyfriend for arranging everything! And keep up your German ;-)
But-aaaah, yes, there is a BUT...I was still worried...What worried me? Well, something very common...something that all of us have encountered in the past (if not- you will!), something that can make you sweat or ruin your day, make you cry and shout out loud...
HUMAN ERRORS!!!
You know what I mean! You pay your bill but still get a reminder to pay said bill plus the late fee. You spent half a day trying to figure out what went wrong, trying to find the bank statement that proves you paid, calling a thousand people, listening to boring music while being on hold, you panic, sweat, worry...only to hear: "Aham, yes, there seems to have been a problem with... a new employee/ our computer system/ the mail...sorry about that..."
This kind of thing has happened to me before, so naturally I worry!
My student funding application was apparently lost/never received which led to me panicking and filling out all the paperwork again (don't worry F. (T's papa), I did make a copy of the first paper and it was no big deal, just trying to prove my point :-)) only to hear:" Oh, we thought your name was...it was here, in a different drawer."
So, even though T. had signed me in I was still worried...but yesterday came... the BILL! They want me to pay! Which means they have processed my data, I'm in the computer, in a file - I'M IN!! Well, when T. has paid my bill I will be in...;-)
The semester starts on the 1st of October and I still need to figure out how we'll do this...move to Münster by myself, T. and I moving, staying in Enschede and commuting???
Thoughts?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aber natürlich! There has never been any doubt from my point that you would be accepted. I mean, your grade average was a 1.0, kind a hard to beat that isn't it? So I'm also convinced that you will do a great job at the Uni when you start.
Of course, human errors can be made, but I have a nice pile of all the paperwork lying to prove the things we have sent in. So all should be fine, I also paid the bill, so now we wait for the final paperwork to arrive. Congratulations on your new study!
There are many thoughts on moving to Münster or not, but as is not in this message yet: There is a nice room Sabrina can rent for a very decent amount of money that is already furnished, so that sounds like the perfect solution to start with. Then later I might consider emigrating to the far away country called Germany. Time will tell what will happen. It's all very exciting, but I'm not looking that far yet. First and only point in the future that is on my mind is you returning!
Congratulations!! That is such great news. I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment